Familiar Things That Aren't So Familiar

We ordered our first delivery meal last night - gluten free pizza and a salad. Pretty cool considering I couldn't order a gluten free pizza delivered anywhere in the US. We ordered one of their standards: ham, artichoke hearts, olives and mushrooms. And we were surprised when it was delivered... the toppings weren't mixed together like we expected. They each had their own little quadrant. Odd. So, a familiar night in with pizza and a movie had an overseas difference to it!

Lunch at a pub in Stockbridge on Saturday - gluten free Fish Pie!
     Have you ever noticed that people tend to look like each other? I think if somebody ever had the ability or time to do it, they'd be able to classify most humans into about ten groups of people who resemble each other - no matter the races.
     For instance, walking around on the sidewalks of Edinburgh. I can't tell you how many times I have seen somebody and caught my breath. OMG, what is Kathleen doing here? Or Jessica, or Marilyn, or... You get the idea. Of course, it's not them. It's just somebody who looks like them.
     It does make my heart pang just a bit to see my friends, though. Or it makes me want to be at the Decatur Book Festival, which happened this past weekend in Georgia. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE where I am right here, right now! But those people, events and places were a big part of my life for a long time. I'm feeling the change.

The pub's interior.
Change is exciting and awesome, but I figure, if you've been doing it right all along, every chapter is exciting and awesome. Which can make you a little nostalgic for the past chapters. I also figure if you're doing it right, chapters never completely close and instead, they get muddled all together into a fabulous thing called LIFE.

The back porch of The Star Bar on a beautiful sunny day.

2 comments:

LxoJ said...

or the inverse, someone comes up to you and thinks you are someone they know~ piizzzzzzaaaaaa. xo

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

I always look like somebody's cousin or a friend. :) e