Vicky Alvear Shecter's HADES SPEAKS - a book signing party!

Last week I got to help celebrate the release of HADES SPEAKS, the latest in the "Gods Speak" series by my bud Vicky Alvear Shecter. She has such a perfect snarky voice for these awesome chapter books - kids eat 'em up!

     And at the launch party at Little Shop of Stories, they also ate up the pomegranate cookies! You know, because Persephone ate a pomegranate which doomed her to spend 6 months of the year in Hades - isn't that awesome? (The cookies, not the entrapment part.)

     Little did the kiddies know... they are now doomed to return to Little Shop again and again - Bwahahaha!!! *ahem* They LOVE going to our fave bookstore, so I don't think it will be a problem. :) Not to mention, they're all so knowledgable of their Greek lore, they know the significance. Did you notice the golden laurel crown on one of the listeners?
     I also found a lovely surprise while there. It's been five months since the release of my own novel, A BIRD ON WATER STREET, and yet, there it was face out with a lovely descriptor tag. How flattering! Gads, I was feeling the love for me and my friend! What a great night!


UPDATE! Vicky was on 11 Alive's Atlanta and Company that morning! You can watch it online - click the image:

No comments: