ABOWS is a SIBA OKRA Pick!


I am THRILLED to announce that A BIRD ON WATER STREET, my debut historical fiction mid-grade, is a Southern Independent Booksellers Association (SIBA) OKRA PICK! Per their website:
The Okra Picks are a dozen fresh titles chosen each season that SIBA Indie Bookstores want to handsell. These books should be southern in nature but can cover any genre, not just fiction. Southerners love their writers, and we want to be at the forefront of bringing them a strong selection of southern titles not to be missed each season.
     SIBA offers incentives to indie bookstores to feature and display Okra Picks in prime locations in their stores. In other words, this incredible honor means that when my book is officially released on May 7th, you will probably be able to walk into just about any bookstore in the south and find my book prominently displayed!
     If you're a book person, you know what this means. If you're not, I can't tell you how incredible this is! I was bouncing all over my house when my publisher called to tell me - I hardly believed it! How exciting that my book, my book, seems to be resonating - seems to be striking a chord with readers. It's what every writer dreams about. Wahooo!!

2 comments:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

So exciting and SO well deserved!

Jeni said...

Congratulations!!!