Frankenstein and Blue Jays

Two fun packages arrived in the mail Friday. The first was my prize package for ROBOT ZOMBIE FRANKENSTEIN by Annette Simon. (Won at Cynsations!) At first I didn't understand why my prize package included a pirate hat, hook and eye-patch. Or a chef's hat and apron. But when you read the book, you'll know why. It's a very simple, very funny, very true-to-age (very young) story of one-upmanship and friendship. And I do indeed recommend it.


     The second was a book I agreed to review called THE HIGH-SKIES ADVENTURES OF BLUE JAY THE PIRATE by Scott Nash. I do some reviews here at dulemba.com, so I'm on the PR mailing list for publishing houses. When I agree to accept a book for review, I always warn them that I don't do bad reviews and that if I don't like it, I won't say a word about it. But this one looked promising.
     I haven't read BLUE JAY yet, so can't vouch for it. (I'll write again if I can.) But I love the packaging and extras it arrived with. There's a brochure about the book, a pack of blue jay notecards, and this groovy bag to hold it all. I usually just receive a book, so this certainly caught my attention. Good job Candlewick!

No comments: