2011 Decatur Book Festival!!


Today kicks off the 6th annual Decatur Book Festival in lovely downtown Decatur, Georgia!
     DBF is the largest independent book festival in the nation and draws tens of thousands of book lovers to our little barrio every year. Many of them are children's book creators, and those of us who love them blaze a deep trail between our local independent children's book store, Little Shop of Stories, and the children's stage on the main square all weekend long.
     So much so, there's a table in front of The Brick Store Pub which I have dubbed the "magic table." An hour or two at that table and you will see everybody you've ever cared to see!
     I had the great honor of being on stage for the first four years of the festival - even opening for Judy Schachner of Skippyjon Jones fame (which was the largest crowd I've Ever addressed!).
     This year I have the pleasure of moderating a panel discussion on Sunday at 1:15 at the Decatur Presbyterian Sanctuary Stage: "Creating the Magic: Kids' Author-Illustrators Discuss Their Craft" with Andy Runton (Owly), Susan Stockdale, and the prolific Judy Sierra! I'm really looking forward to leading the discussion on a topic near and dear to my heart.
     So, if you're in the neighborhood (or can travel) I hope to see you there!

No comments: