Dragon Boat Races - Heartbeat Charity

A few months ago I was approached by the colleagues working in the congenital heart and pregnancy services at Southampton University Hospital Cardiac Centre in Wessex, England. They were trying to raise funds for their Heartbeat Charity to purchase heart scanning equipment for high risk pregnancies through their 2010 Dragon Boat Challenge. And they needed a mascot.
     They found my happy dragon online - who has a heart at the end of his tail and was perfect for this cause. I was happy to let them use my art for such a worthy cause. All I asked in return is they send me a t-shirt and photos. Well, the t-shirt is on its way and the photos are fantastic. (Click here to see more pictures and here to learn more about the challenge.) Best of all, so far they've raise £1,678.50 which surpasses their goal for this much needed equipment! Good all around!


P.S. - I receive tons of requests to use my art for fund-raising activities. As long as my art is not being sold to do so, I usually say a very hearty 'yes' - but please ask and check my Angel Policy for details. Thanks!

3 comments:

lucie1067 said...

Hi Elizabeth --

I was a high-risk pregnancy because of a congenital heart condition -- so, thanks for supporting such centers.

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, this is awesome news! What a perfect logo for their T-shirts! I love it! And, I am sure you are thrilled to be a part of it!

DesertGator said...

Elizabeth I also left a comment for you on your Angel Policy Page.

I wanted to thank you for your Gator Drawing. It is so PERFECT. I've saved a copy for personal use.

My Nickname is DesertGator (altho' it started as just Gator)and my Younger, Smaller sister's name is Robin, an avid reader and Chairman of Education at her church, hence the book MAY be a Bible.

I do Beadwork and occasionally other creative stuff. If I ever come up with a way to use your picture in a unique way, you will be the 1st to know.

Thank you again,
Karen
aka DesertGator

p.s. I came to you by way of a pakistani girl's site http://creativemind-zeshuregi.blogspot.com/ then stamping.craftgossip.com/