Seth Godin at TOC


Seth Godin, "10 Bestsellers: Using New Media, New Marketing, and New Thinking to Create 10 Bestsellers" at the 2009 O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference for Publishing.
     Y'know, I've thought of this speech so many times since I first heard it. I've quoted it, I've told friends about it. And it's pretty much changed how I think of books. So I figured it was time to share it here.
     And between this and a conversation I had with friends the other day - I don't think there's any technology out there that is going to replace the book. I do, however, think that how we think of books will change. Of course, in the end it all comes down to content - and for writers, that should lend some sense of empowerment and security. Now if we can just figure out how to make a living at doing what we love!

1 comment:

Gail said...

WOW, this speak was incredible. I not only see his points, I see some of them in the things you've been doing to sprad the word about your work. Has anyone told you lately what a smart cookie you are???? Don't listen to hubby when he says you're a goofball, you're just out there creating that permission asset!!