I'm off to New York and Vermont!

     I'm outta here! Today I head for New York for a few days before heading to the Kindling Words conference in Vermont. Last year was my first time at this conference and I absolutely LOVED it, so I can't wait! Although this will be my first time to tack on a stop in New York, and it's going to be a COLD trip!
     While in NY, I'll be staying with award-winning author/illustrator Katie Davis and running into town for appointments. I'll finally meet my agent face to face, meet with Sterling Publishers (I have a new project with them which I'll share more about soon), have appointments at Holt, Simon & Schuster and Greenwillow, and best of all, I'll get to attend my first KidLit Drink Night as we go on about the Youth Media Awards Monday morning!
     From there Katie and I will drive up to Kindling Words in Burlington, Vermont. It will be a full car - Jane Yolen, Ellen Wittlinger and Hope Anita Smith will join us.
     Intimidated? Me? Nahhhh. I'm just hoping there's something to the whole Osmosis idea. Because between the ride up and learning writing tips from Nancy Werlin for three days, if I don't return as a brilliant writer, there's no hope for me.
     I'm going to try something new on this trip. I'll be tweeting on twitter, updating on my facebook page, and maybe blogging. So, visit if you'd like to follow along. And wish me luck or warmth or both! I'm gonna need it!

No comments: