It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!


To learn more about the guys who cooked up this crazy idea, go to Talk Like a Pirate.

In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I share some jokes:
*What do you call a pirate that skips class?
-- Captain Hooky!
*How much did the pirate pay for his peg leg and hook?
-- An arm and a leg!
*What kind of socks does a pirate wear?
-- Aarrgghyle!!
*What happened when Red Beard fell into the Blue Sea?
-- He got marooned!
*Why couldn't the young pirate go to the movie?
-- Because is was rated "Aarrrrrr"!!

Some Pirate Lingo (repeat out loud - loudly):
"Ye landlubber!"
"Shiver me timbers!"
"Ahoy Matee!"
"Yo-ho-ho!"
"Avast, ye scurvy dogs!"
"Walk the plank!"

A Pirate song:
Drink up me hearties! Yo ho!
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!
We're rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves;
Drink up me hearties! Yo Ho!
We're devils, black sheep, and really bad eggs;
Drink up me hearties! Yo Ho!

And a coloring page, "Pirate Treasure"!
Click the image to download the jpg (300k).

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

What are your usage TOA regarding this pirate image? It's perfect for our school's theme of Learning is a Treasure and I'd like to use it with some of our school promotional items (yearbook, flyers and etc.). Would you mind emailing me? tackysue at g mail

thanks!